Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Black Friday

 I work at a call center doing sales and support for Best Buy. Monday there was a pre-Black Friday sale for premier members. The sale started at 10am eastern time and lasted until midnight. Our phones were going crazy! Within an hour, a good portion of items were sold out. (there were some amazing deals!) A little later, the website went down from too much traffic. So even more people were calling us to place orders.  And then our ordering system went down. And then our system for making case notes went down. And almost an hour before I got to go home. Our entire phone system went down. It was a very hectic, yet quite amusing day! I asked my supervisor if Black Friday was comparable to that. He told me that that was just the tip of the iceburg. I come in at 4am and work 12 hours on Black Friday. It promises to be a very interesting day!
On the other hand, I am bored out of my mind today! Apparantly, this is the calm before the storm. Everybody is out shopping for Thanksgiving dinner or whatever and we are getting very few calls. Time is drrrrraaaaaggggggiiiinnngggg by..... I still have 6 decades...er....hours left here today. Tomorrow should be a bit busier as we will have an online sale to deal with. But, honestly, I am looking forward to Friday! Call me crazy, but I feel like I thrive on chaos! It's gonna be an adventure!.... and I'm only slightly bitter that I don't get to go out shopping that morning.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment